Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I am so Happy I have to blogggg

It's so wonderful when prayers are answered!

Today we received our official paper orders to a squadron here in Kaneohe, Hawaii. I am actually getting excited. I am not sure why but it is going to be great to step into this new environment. I am eager to get involved with the ombudsman program and possibly serve as an ombudsman for our new squadron. That is one thing I really want to strive for. I feel with the knowledge I have about the Navy, and Hawaii, I would make a wonderful leader and I hope that others can see that to and give me this wonderful opportunity to lead and serve as a navy spouse. I am looking forward to whatever God has planned for Ryan, Nicole and I.

Today we also learned that we have 3 new offers pending for the sale of our home. The highest offer is $255,000 which has been Bank of America's consistent counteroffer to the past buyer offers in previous months. We are hoping that we can finally be done with this whole short-sale process and move on. This whole thing has really been heavy on my heart and quite a stresser. I know the time is soon to where I will not have this burden any longer. So thankful for that!

Since we have official orders I am able to get on the housing list at Pearl Harbor. I need to plan it right to where we would get offered a home within our 30 day window of vacate of our current home in Mililani. I think once Ryan forwards me the papers I will take them to housing and see if they can help me out and to discuss my options. I am really hoping to get into Ford Island housing so I can be close to my dear friend Carmen. I can't think of anywhere else where I would be happier in Pearl housing. Ford Island is my calling and there are no other options for me at this point!

Tomorrow I am getting my lovely Rav 4 detailed and the inside shampooed. This makes me so happy because I do not like a dirty car and I just do not have time, or energy, or supplies to do it myself. Next on the list is an oil change.

I have been seriously considering getting a tattoo. I know!!! I am horrible!!! I want to honor my aunt in some way. I am thinking just a simple pink ribbon on the outside of my ankle where it kind of dips between the back of the ankle and the part that sticks out. I only trust one person to put a tattoo on me. She is Ryan's old roommate from way back, when he lived in Waimanalo. She is here in Hawaii working at a studio for only 2 or so months. I don't have time to question my pain threshold. I just need to do it and get it over with. I am sure its gonna hurt worse when my grandma finds out and she hits me upside the head with her purse! lol. I've also been putting random flower and/or butterfly temporary tattoos on the top of my foot. They are so cute and have got me googling "small butterfly tattoo" ughhhh.....I KNOW I will not turn into my sister and get like 9 all over my chest and ear and whatnot, lol. Love you Rachel :-) I just want a foot tattoo. Maybe I can incorporate a butterfly or flower with a pink ribbon for the top of my foot...google time!

Anyways, as far as the getting fit and fab and Operation Sexy Wife goes, I am kind of at a standstill and need to start making more time to get some workouts in. I feel like I don't eat too bad, except tonight had a chicken sandwich from Wendy's, oh sooo good!!! I really need to get my butt in gear because we are almost to our half way mark with deployment and I really want to be in a size 6 by the time my hubby gets home!!! That would mean I would have to lose 2 dress sizes a month. Doesn't seem that hard right?!?!

Well off I go to bed. Hope you all have enjoyed a quick catch up. I am feeling much better after a few much needed vent sessions. Thanks to those who endured them! :-) Goodnight!

5 comments:

  1. Ford Island???!!! NO!!!! I thought only E-7 and above lived there anyway, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked living at Makalapa....close to the airport, the Swap Meet and the commissary/NEX! What more could you ask for??!

    So glad things are looking up.

    I vote for a pink ribbon/butterfly combo. Before pink ribbons came along I believe butterflies we a symbol of choice. Another option might be a pink flamingo! Ok...maybe not! And just for the record the tattoo on my neck didn't hurt much at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So housing said we did not qualify for a house on Ford Island. Since we are only E6 and only have one child we are only entitled to a two bedroom house. So crazy!! My plan has been ruined and now I have to find some other way,

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great seeing you today, if only briefly! Can I tell you how stinkin' jealous I am that you get to stay here for another go 'round? i would kill people and punch babies to be able to stay where we are for another 4 years. i'm very happy for you.

    tattoos aren't that bad at all. you popped out a kid - you can definitely handle a tat. no big deal and the small ones are over fast. i have 3 and am going to get one after i finish my marathon i think. a little "go me" memory.

    also, don't stress the operation: sexy bitch. go read my blog - i'm back up again. wtf? it should not be this hard! we'll get it done. we're highly competent, motivated young women. the scale shall not win ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, the popping out the kid was easy, I got there at 7am and they did my c-section at 12....I took the easy way out. ;-)

    ReplyDelete